STAMFORD, CT – March 18, 2018 – Stamford Public Education Foundation’s 2018 Excellence in Education Awards will honor local community leaders and educators on Thursday, March 22nd at the Sheraton Stamford Hotel (700 East Main Street, Stamford, CT) from 5:30 to 9:00 pm. Tickets are available by visiting http://bit.ly/2EJP9Dn or calling SPEF at 203-965-7733. In addition to the awards ceremony, tickets includea networking reception featuring a tasting celebration of wine from Domaine Bousquet Winery, beer from Two Roads Brewery, and specially-selected hors d’oeuvres, as well as a silent auction.
This year, SPEF will be presenting the following awards:
- SPEF Leadership Award: Nancy Freedman for her exemplary dedication to enriching the lives of students in Stamford’s public schools, and her commitment to the Stamford community.
- SPEF Philanthropy Award: Near & Far Aid for its tireless pursuit of eliminating poverty in Fairfield County through finding and funding programs that seek to achieve lasting change, and for its generosity in helping SPEF pursue its mission.
- SPEF Educator Award: 19 educators were nominated by the Parent-Teacher Organizations at their respective schools in recognition of the exceptional learning environment they have created for their students. The recipient of the award will be announced at the event and will receive a $1,000 donation for their classroom/learning environment. The nominees for SPEF Educator Award include:
- Thomas Agosto, Westhill High School
- Michael Argenio, Rogers International School
- Sarah Arnold, Roxbury Elementary
- Kyle Beach, Davenport Ridge Elementary School
- Mina Bibeault, Cloonan Middle School
- Erik Bieder, Toquam Magnet Elementary School
- Sandra Carlton, Strawberry Hill Elementary School
- Marisa Donch, Newfield Elementary School
- Dawn Greco, Turn of River Middle School
- Ellie Kousidis, Rippowam Middle School
- Sarah Lane, Springdale Elementary School
- Louise McMinn, Scofield Magnet Middle School
- Jodi Nathanson, Stillmeadow Elementary School
- Brooke Pelli, Apples Early Childhood Education Center
- Anthony Pollicella, AITE High School
- Jonathan Ringel, Stamford High School
- Desiree Ronaghan, Northeast School
- Nancy Stanton, Hart Magnet School
- Katelyn Tavolacci, Julia A. Stark Elementary School
SPEF is especially grateful to the sponsors of the evening for their support, including: Garden Homes Management (Title); AXA IM and Pitney Bowes (Summa Cum Laude); State Street Global Advisors and NatWest Markets (Magna Cum Laude); First County Bank, Robert and Patricia Phillips, and Synapse (Cum Laude); Berkowitz and Hanna LLC, Wofsey, Rosen, Kweskin & Kuriansky, LLP, Bourgeon Capital Management, Nellie Mae Education Foundation, Stamford Bank & Trust, Eleanor and Mort Lowenthal, and Eileen and Fred Springer (Honors); Hey Stamford and Serendipity (Media).